Due to several new project wins our client is looking to hire a Quantity Surveyor with experience in the civils sector to join their successful team based on site in west midlands.
This role will be focused over 2 projects spanning a 29 month period.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Preparation of internal commercial reporting and any other reports which may be required.
· Preparation of Valuations/Applications for Payment with full supporting documentation in accordance with the contract.
· Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client with contractually compliant supporting documentation.
· Preparation and management of subcontract and material procurement schedules.
· Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
· Undertake the contract administration, including change management and maintain associated registers.
· Identifying commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change.
· Utilise the costing system.
· Assist in cost control / cost mitigation.
· Use the cost allocation/coding which satisfies both internal and external requirements.
· Measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as required.
· Maintain site records.
· Adhere to group procedures.
· Positive engagement with Client equivalent position.
· Assist in the preparation of project final accounts.
· Drafting of subcontracts including professional services.
· Identification of insurance claims and understanding policy coverage.
· Cash Management including WIP control and cash flow production.
· Undertake any other work as required of you by your line manager.
· You will be responsible for managing your own projects.
· Experience working for contractors in similar sectors.
· Strong understanding of NEC form of contract.
· Previous experience working on rail projects would be very much desirable.
· Strong with the CVR process.