Integra People is a specialist recruitment consultancy, providing quality permanent, contract and temporary staffing solutions to clients from our wide network of UK offices.
We are currently recruiting for enthusiastic support workers to provide person centred support to people with learning disabilities at a bespoke supported living service in Warwick, Warwickshire. You will promote independence whilst enabling service users to enjoy a fulfilling and valued life. You will encourage service users to participate in and contribute to their local community and to develop their abilities as fully as possible.
As a Support Worker you will be responsible for but not restricted too:
- Meet the physical, social and emotional needs of each individual service user in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence.
- Develop warm, trusting relationships with service users to encourage them to express needs, views and concerns.
- Promote the self-esteem, happiness and emotional health of service users.
- Advise and support service users in all aspects of managing their tenancy and maintaining safety, hygiene and comfort of their home.
- Advise, encourage and support service users to maximise self-care and independent living skills.
- Provide support and encouragement in personal and group management.
- Enable service users to become as independent as possible and to grow in confidence, competence and personal effectiveness in the following areas:
- Budgeting - managing day to day finances
- Personal Care & hygiene
- Daily living skills
- Social, leisure and work activities
- Self-organisation and coping abilities
- Promote a healthy lifestyle and give person-centred advice and support regarding diet, exercise, stress reduction, smoking cessation and weight management.
- Inform the Registered Manager/Care Manager and any other involved professionals of concerns or significant changes in needs and circumstances.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience working with people with learning disabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to listen sensitively to others
- Break away or equivalent
- A clean, valid driving licence and access to a car
The salary for this role is £15,600-£16,575 depending on experience based on 37.5 hour contract plus additional sleep ins - rate is £76.32 . You will need to be flexible and able to work days, evenings, weekends and sleep-ins.
We have day or night
Please call Leanne Irving on 0 7 9 8 3 2 0 0 9 4 5 for more information about this exciting new role.