Senior Residential Support Worker - required for a service based Tonyrefail
- Qualification: NVQ level 3 in Children & young people also a full UK Driving License.
- Age Restriction: You must be at least 22 years of age to apply for this position.
- Pay: £18,000 - £20,000 per annum with a sleep in allowance of £30 per night
- Hours: 171 per month on a rota
The service/company prides itself on being able to empower young people into becoming self-sufficient and resourceful young adults who are able to move on independently to their own accommodation.
Main purpose of the role:
To provide practical care to young people to increase their independent living skills, to be able to differentiate between young people, promoting self-esteem and self-awareness, to encourage achievement and to help the young people to reach their full potential
To communicate effectively with multi agencies within the social care sector, ensuring the transparency of the company is delivered consistently throughout the company.
The ideal candidates will need to be highly motivated, approachable, non-judgemental and show diversity in their approach to working with young people, this will include:
- Be able to offer advice, guidance and signpost to other organisations they can access.
- You will need to gain knowledge of the area you are working in.
- A good understanding of current government legislation.
- Experience of dealing with challenging behaviour.
- Knowledge of the main issues effecting young people today.
Key tasks are:
- Education, Training and Education
- Living Skills
- Substance use
- Modern Social Issues