My client is looking to recruit a highly motivated and forward thinking Junior Doctor within a low secure Mental Health Hospital in Ebbw Vale, South Wales.
As a Junior Doctor your responsibilities will be:
- Deliver a high quality clinical service to service users
- Work closely with the multi-disciplinary team to ensure that service users receive a holistic and person-centred treatment programmes based on the recovery model
- Undertake psychiatric and external assessments for service users referred to the hospital to determine the appropriate level of care to be provided, under the direction and supervision of the Consultant Psychiatrist and work with the unit multi-disciplinary team to ensure delivery of the Care Programme
- Ensure physical observations by ward staff are carried out in accordance with medical instructions. Review physical observation findings and act upon them in a clinically appropriate manner
- Prepare admission and discharge reports
- Prescription of medication and maintenance of drug Kardex
- Work effectively with colleagues to ensure that service users have access to appropriate medical cover
- Contribution of group work with other disciplines as required
- Contribution of ward teaching programme
- Attendance at service users meetings
You will be joining a growing department which is developing and delivering innovative approaches to improving the communication skills of the service users.
Salary for the role is up to £85,000 depending on experience.
The successful candidate must have:
- GMC registered - preferably with experience in Mental Health
- Section 12 approval (preferred but not essential)
- CAMHS experience (preferred but not essential)
- Excellent skills in assisting in mental health examinations