My client is looking to recruit a highly motivated and forward thinking Consultant CAMHS Psychiatrist within a low secure Mental Health Hospital in Ebbw Vale, South Wales.
As a Consultant Psychiatrist your responsibilities will be:
- Lead a multi-disciplinary clinical team comprising nursing, social work, psychology, teaching and specialist therapists in delivering a comprehensive and high quality Tier 4 CAMHS service
- Managing clinical complexity and severity through direct clinical assessment/treatments, case management and consultation
- Clinical responsibility for young adults on the ward, including multi-disciplinary ward rounds, risk reviews, strategic reviews
- Supervising the process of referral and admission, including contributing to pre admission assessments of young people with other team members
- Providing leadership to the multi-disciplinary team in relation to the assessment, formulation and treatment of young people
- Consultation, advice and direct co-work with non-medical colleagues in the multi-disciplinary teams to enhance the effectiveness of interventions when specialist medical/psychiatric skills are required
- Attending consultants' meetings and other hospital committees as appropriate
- Maintaining CPD and re-validation requirements, as determined by the General Medical Council and Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Contribute to the senior on-call rota
Salary for the role is up to £140,000 depending on experience.
The successful candidate must have:
- Full GMC registration with licence to practice
- Section 12 Approval and have Approved Clinician status
- CAMHS experience
Please call Leanne Irving on 07983 200 945 for more information about this exciting new role.