Integra People are supporting a well known transport business in the Caerphilly area, they have an exciting opening for an experienced Traffic dispatcher to join their existing team.
Within this role you will be responsible for effectively managing the day to day organisation of operations of the Depot through the allocation and basic routing of vehicles. Your role is to ensure best in class service delivery to customers, ensuring health & safety standards are maintained, and ensuring environmental and O licence compliance.
You will also be a key player in supporting employee engagement, continuous improvement in productivity and quality of service provision.
This role is perfect for someone who is looking to progress or take a step up in their career within a logistics environment. As Traffic Dispatcher you will be working with a team of Traffic dispatchers offering logistical support and problem solving in a busy depot environment.
- Day to day management of operational staff in order to achieve best in class service delivery
- Managing route efficiency and utilising optimum disposal outlets within the area to ensure effective use of vehicles and facilities.
- Manage driver availability and coverage in line with legislation and company procedures to ensure that there is suitable coverage at all times.
- Perform administrative duties including input of pay and bonus onto the company systems. In addition accurate input of disposal information
- Proactive vehicle management, including liaison with fleet, safe vehicle operations, wheel security, monitor vehicle gross weights.
- Supervise vehicle availability on a daily basis ensuring that drivers have completed their checks in accordance with company policy.
- Contribute toward ongoing cost control, actively seeking to improve efficiency and reduce operating costs e.g. running and analysing Depot reports.
- Ensure all administrative tasks associated with the Dispatch office are completed, including time sheets, tachograph records, payroll records, holiday rotas, resolution of QLS.
- In conjunction with the Depot Manager, ensures that mandatory training, induction and toolbox talks are delivered in line with company policy.
The Ideal Candidate:
Education / Qualifications:
- Minimum GCSE or equivalent in Maths & English (essential)
- CPC (ideal)
- Experience of a position of similar responsibility in Services or Logistics industry (essential)
- Health & Safety management (essential)
- Profit & Loss experience
- Local geographical knowledge (essential)
- Good transport / logistics knowledge (essential)
- Knowledge of existing and impending environmental and health and safety legislation environment (essential)
- Waste industry knowledge including relevant laws
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of working within a time critical service
Skills and Behaviours:
- Experience of first line operational management (essential)
- Experience of managing in a labour intensive, multi-shift environment (essential)
- Commercial background
Hours : 40 per week Monday to Friday
Salary - Dep on experience - £10.50 - £11 per hour
****This is a temporary to permanent vacancy - a contract will be awarded to the ideal candidate after a qualifying period on temporary.