Telecoms Exchange Maintenance Engineer - Yorkshire - £25-30k Basic with Bonuses and Expensed Company Van.
We are currently working with a rapidly expanding telecoms provider who are looking to add a Telecoms Exchange Maintenance Engineer to their team. Our client our in the process of building out their own network utilising the Openreach Duct network. This has meant growth in their Network maintenance teams across the UK.
You will need to be highly motivated, logical and quick to react. You will be responsible for the upkeep and improvement of our client's network infrastructure, so previous experience IP skills are required. You will be part of a hardworking and dedicated team and will play an integral part in delivering, configuring and constantly improving our network to ensure a fantastic customer experience.
Responsibilities and duties will include:
- Installing, configuring and testing new network equipment.
- Audit and document network infrastructure
- Diagnosing and fixing network faults
- Carrying out day-to-day maintenance of existing infrastructure
- Assisting various departments in the deployment of new sites
- Assist the NOC department in network upgrades and proactive maintenance
Person specification: (Essential and desirable)
- Experience of working in BT Exchanges and Data Centres
- Knowledge of Fibre Splicing and fault finding on fibre,
- OTDR Testing experience
- Practical hands on experience working in the telecoms industry
- Basic knowledge of IP
- A clean UK driving license
- An understanding of cable standards (Cat5e and fibre cabling)
- Should be a good team player and quick learner
- Strong communications skills
- Should be available during out of hours and on weekends to resolve network / customer incidents or undertake planned network maintenance
- Available to travel across the UK to assist in projects / task when required.
- Experience of interacting with customer
- Strong problem solving skills
- Be flexible and can do attitude