An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Integra health care team for a Registered Manger within one of our registered Children's Homes for young people with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties. The main purpose of the role will be to transform the lives of looked-after children. As a Residential Children's Worker, every day will be different, and you won't find a more rewarding career.
This entails providing supervision and support for children and young people aged 8-18. The children and young people we care for have a wide variety of needs; the role is therefore very diverse. You will therefore work in conjunction with a wide range of professionals to meet the needs and achieve positive outcomes for our young people.
If you're experienced working within a managerial position within Residential Childcare, this could be the perfect role for you.
The role is paid a salary of £38,000 - £ 40,500 (Opportunity to earn £48,000)
The successful candidate will be working Monday - Friday 9am until 5pm however you may be required to work additional hours as required by the needs of the business and the young people we care for.
This role also comes with multiple Benefits in addition to a competitive salary:
- Pension Auto-enrolment
- 'Pay Care Scheme', this is a company health care benefit which gives you cash back for medical costs
- 'Perk Box', this allows the employees to get discounts or free offers on hundreds of well-known high street brands.
- Annual Leave Service Award - 1 day's extra holiday every year up to 5 years
- Long Service Bonus of £750 given after 5 continuous full-time years of employment
- NVQ Bonus when complete Level 3 (£500 in total) or Level 5 (£750 in total) in instalments, initial after completion and remainder 18 months following
- Refer a friend scheme for both qualified and unqualified
- Free meals on shift (for residential roles)
- Company pays for DBS as well as reimburses cost for update service each year
- Company reimburses staff for Social Care Wales registration each year
Essential Job Requirements
- Provide a safe environment for the young people in our care
- Good communication skills with the ability to develop positive relationships with young people, colleagues, and professionals
- Be a good team player to provide a high level of care and achieve positive outcomes
- Encourage the young people to be motivated and take part in activities, education, and extracurricular activities
- Experience of and ability to lead staff teams to provide a high level of care within a residential childcare setting
- Have a knowledge of child development and appreciation of the needs of children and young people
- Have attention to detail ensuring correct information is recorded in all paperwork, keeping this up to date and organized for the managers review
- Be able to adapt working practice to the ethos of the home
- Have resilience, motivation, and determination
- Can adapt to challenging and changing situations
- Be inclusive to all children & young people
- Diploma Level 3 qualified in Children and Young Person's Workforce or equivalent
- Have 3 years' work experience working with Children and Young People within a residential environment including 2 years at senior level
- Experience of Ofsted Inspections
- Experience of attending professionals' meetings and working contributively with the professional network
- Experience of attending formal meetings and preparing formal reports
- Up to date knowledge of the current legislation governing the sector
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal development and acquisition of professional skills and further qualifications
- Be flexible and able to undertake shift work including weekends and sleep-ins.
- Ability to participate in 'On-Call-Manger' Rota and take calls out of hours.
- Safe holding and physical intervention
- Be confident in using Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Apply for enhanced DBS disclosure and if applicable, overseas criminal records checks
- Full UK driving licence.
- Level 5 Leadership & Management qualification or Level 4 Registered Manager Award, or equivalent
- Understanding of attachment and trauma in relation to young people
- Experience in a therapeutic setting
- Proven Ofsted inspection history
- Proven success in development of teams and individuals
Residential Childcare: 1 year (preferred)
Level 5 in leadership and management (preferred)