We are looking for an experienced Payroll Officer to join an existing team in the Stockport area on a permanent basis.
Providing support to the payroll department, the role will include inputting data from timesheets onto the system, alongside completing any administrative tasks to assist and support other members of the team when required to do so.
Duties will include:
- Reporting to the Payroll Manager on a regular basis
- Dealing with any payroll queries via telephone, email and face to face.
- Ensuring payments are processed accurately, managing calculations, inputting employee expenses.
- Assisting in the maintenance and periodically review the paper filing systems of the payroll department, ensuring a well-co-ordinated and efficient system of storage, location and retrieval.
- Carrying out general administrative duties, including word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, photocopying, filing, faxes and sorting correspondence.
- Providing efficient, friendly and helpful services as part of the payroll team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous working experience within and office environment.
- Have experience working on a computerised system and have understanding of Microsoft Office.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience within a payroll environment.
- Ability to manually calculate tax and NI and have understanding of statutory payments.
- Good, diplomatic verbal communication skills.
- A high standard of numeracy skills.
- The ability to work to deadlines under pressure.
Hours of work 37.5 hrs Monday - Friday. 9am - 5pm (some flexibility will be required)
- Pension scheme
- 20 days annual leave
- Free life assurance valuable of twice the annual salary
- Paid paternity leave/ enhanced maternity leave
- Range of on-line benefits for various activities and high street stores.
- Plus many more
To apply for this position please send your CV across or contact 01925 839 823 between the hours of 08.30 to 17.30 Mon - Fri.