Energised by continued growth with an annual turnover of over 700m per year our client, a market leader in the construction and facilities sector require some additional permanent trades to join their established team in Oxford.
This position will require an experienced QS to take the lead on all commercial activities within one of their large projects in the Oxford area.
The role will require the experience of the duties below:
- Timely submission of account applications
- Prepare and submit Contract interim valuations and variation claims
- Experience with anticipated final costings versus final forecast recovery
- Lead on Minor and Major commercial pricing and tender input
- Strong negotiation skills relating to sub-contractors
- Attendance for progress and commercial meetings as a company representative
- Prepare P&L reports
- Working closely with the billing manager to continually improve and innovate cost reporting and invoicing.
- - Demonstrate previous experience in a QS role particularly within Hard FM Maintenance contracts
- - Demonstrate a sound knowledge of the market
- - Demonstrate strong communication skills
- - Experience of managing profit and loss accounts and working to budgetary targets
- - Sound project management track record
- - Initiating, drafting and reviewing documents
- - Excellent negotiation skills
- - Experience in a variety of Schedules - NSR & BCIS
- - Demonstrate proficiency in IT applications- e.g. MS Word, Excel
- - Full UK Driving Licence
- - Demonstrate a sound knowledge of commercial and contractual issues in relation to Facilities
- Management and NEC 4
Benefits Package includes:
- Up to 36 days paid holidays
- Excellent Company Pension
- Free Life Insurance (6 times Annual Salary)
- Discounted Private Healthcare and Gym Membership
- Further Internal and External Training coursed to aid progression
If this sounds like the type of role you are looking for, with an innovative and continuously rising company please contact Genna at the Abergele office or apply with your CV and covering letter.