Integra People is a specialist recruitment consultancy, providing quality permanent, contract and temporary staffing solutions to clients from our wide network of UK offices.
My client is looking to recruit a highly motivated and forward thinking Occupational Therapist to work closely with the multi-disciplinary team in Oxfordshire.
As an OT your responsibilities will be:
- Assessment, review and monitoring the progress of new and current students in the school.
- Ensure that all aspects of practice comply with Best Practice and policy for Safeguarding
- Setting and reviewing targets and strategies through end of term and annual review reports.
- Liaise with residential staff so that therapy techniques and strategies can be implemented.
- Liaise with parents that therapy techniques and strategies can be implemented.
- Attend regular staff meetings to promote a multidisciplinary team approach and to provide specialist advice relating to students as appropriate.
- Contribute to staff training and the continuous improvement of Autism friendly practice.
- Maintaining a CPD diary and engaging in the appraisal process.
- Manage budget allowance.
- Collaborate with PE staff to integrate motor development into the school day timetable.
- Complete additional responsibilities depending on the needs of the school
You will be joining a growing department which is developing and delivering innovative approaches to improving the communication skills of our students.
The successful candidate must have:
- Registered member of the HCPC
- Excellent communicator - both written and verbally
- Excellent team member with the ability to assume leadership responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills - including observation, listening and empathy skill
Salary for this role is up to £35,577 (Band 5/6) depending on experience plus benefits.
Please call Leanne Irving on 07983 200 945 for more information about this exciting new role.