Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Ensure that each young person has a plan which reflects his/her care, education, social, emotional, cultural, and therapeutic and health needs.
- Allocate a Key Worker for each young person with the principal responsibility of implementing the childcare plan
- Maintain monitoring systems in which the young people are consulted about the quality of care they receive
- Attend and contribute to childcare planning and review meetings as appropriate
- Assist the manager in developing a management style which balances the need to exercise control and give direction with the need to offer staff the opportunity to contribute to decision making
- Ensure that all new staff receive a proper induction to the home in line with our clients policy.
- Ensure the budgets are managed effectively and the use of all finances are properly monitored
- To receive training appropriate to role and maintain an up to date training profile
- To maintain up to date knowledge of the statutory and procedural frame-work for residential care and communicate this to staff as appropriate
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the post and the needs of the organisation in order to develop and maintain quality service
Skills and Experience:
- The post requires the holder to work on a shift pattern as part of a rota. Sleep in duties will be included, as well as working weekends and bank holidays when required.
- The post requires the holder to have a satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service check at all times.
- On occasion you may be requested to change your rota at a given notice as per your contract. This is to ensure the contingencies of the service are covered. This may also include covering additional shifts as emergency cover.
- Organisational skills to plan workload, good written/verbal communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team.
- A good knowledge base of the needs of the people with disability.
- A non-discriminatory approach.
- Relevant certifications and qualifications and mandatory training e.g. safeguarding, basic life support
- Right to work in the UK
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant experience, please contact Liv on 01925 839 823 or email