As an OHA you will be expected too:
- Support the occupational health team in delivering the full OH remit in the commercial sector, demonstrating fully independent clinical practice for client organisations
- Administering appropriate immunisations and vaccines at required time and following appropriate clinical practice and guidance
- Assist in managing, providing and developing occupational health services in line with company policy
- Ensure a high standard of evidence based care is provided
- Support maintenance of confidential health records
Implement and maintain relevant health surveillance programmes
- Participate in health promotion opportunities for staff to improve working lives and provide advice on healthier lifestyles, working with outside agencies where appropriate
- Undertaking blood tests as and when required for the appropriate purpose and carry out follow up action
The successful candidate must have:
- Be a Registered Nurse (Adult) on part 1 or 2 of the NMC register
- Occupational Health Qualification
- Proven clinical skills including audiometry, spirometry, phlebotomy and immunisation
- Be aware of Health and Safety legislation and health surveillance requirements under COSH.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Competent with management referrals & new starter health screening
- Full clean driving licence and access to vehicle
Salary for this role is £34,000 - £38,000 depending on experience.
For more information about this exciting new role please call me on 0 7 9 8 3 2 0 0 9 4 5.