Integra Healthcare is currently looking for experienced team manager for our client based in Edmonton, London. The role will entail managing and leading a group of support workers and being responsible for all current and newly referred individuals, ensuring that high quality support is provided to all supported individuals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Ensure that all services are delivered within the framework and Support core values and support all policies and procedures.
- Liaise with external professionals, individuals and families as required to ensure that the needs of the individuals supported are reviewed regularly and plans developed so that we continue to meet their needs.
- Ensure that appropriate person-centred support arrangements are in place for everyone supported and reviewed.
- Implement and monitor quality assurance strategies and documentations, actively promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
- Manage and support staff in line Support policies and procedures, including supervision, absence management, disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Identify individual and team learning and development needs and plan to meet these in conjunction with learning and development of staff.
- Develop and maintain effective communication systems within the team.
- Ensure regular team meetings are held and documented with our company application.
- Participate and be available in the On-call system
- Work flexibly to meet the needs of the service, carrying out shifts if necessary.
- Deputise for the home manager as and when required.
- Undertake additional activities such as attendance at conferences and involvement in project groups to further individual and organisational development.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum one-year experience in a human services environment.
- Experience of supervising staff and co-ordinating support.
- NVQ 3 in care or successfully completing this within a specific period.
- A belief in inclusion, evidenced through work practice or personal experience.
- A desire to ensure people supported are at the heart of decision making.
- Commitment to the principles and practices of continuous improvement.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload.
- Ability to motivate staff.
- Ability to write support plans.
- Ability to manage rotas.
- Report writing
- Understanding of budget management systems.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- Observe standards of dress appropriate for the post.
- Promote the organisation positively.