Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- To promote travel, training, money management and independent life to our service users.
- To provide personal care where required which may involve assistance with; continence requirements; Health and medication requirements; Manual handling; Eating and preparing meals; Handling personal possessions; finances and documents; entering the home, room, bathroom, toilet and shopping.
- To promote effective communication and relationships with Service users and work colleagues and to be aware of communication differences and adopt an approach that minimises the effect of such differences.
- To manage behaviours adhering and procedures set out for service users.
- To maintain records (e.g., Support plans) where necessary.
- To complete daily reports for every support session attended and incident forms as and when required.
Skills and Experience:
- Good level of literacy and communication skills
- Able to follow instructions and policies
- Organisational skills to plan workload, good written/verbal communication skills
- Able to undertake and benefit from training.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- A good knowledge base of the needs of the people with disability.
- A non-discriminatory approach.
- 6 months previous experience in a similar role
- DBS Update service registered
- Relevant certifications and qualifications and mandatory training e.g. safeguarding, basic life support
- Right to work in the UK
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant experience, please contact Liv on 01925 839 823 or email