Customer Installation Engineer - North East (occassionally Scotland)
We are currently recruiting for a rapidly growing and expanding Internet Service provider and they are looking to recruit a Customer Installation Engineer in the North East on a perm basis.
We are looking for a responsible, experienced, highly skilled engineer that would like to be part of building a successful broadband business. With demonstrable breadth of hands on technical experience, you'll have the opportunity to play a key role in growth of the Field Operations team and form a vital component in the future of our client.
Responsibilities and duties will include:
Discussing and advising customers on their service installation and ensuring that the customer's expectations and needs are met wherever possible
- Installation of cat5e cable:
- Installation of surface mounted cat5e cable
- Installation of trunking
- Installation of access panels
- Rodding of cat5e cable through ceiling voids
- Excellent light domestic building work skills (drilling, making good)
- LV electrical experience / competence - safely isolating and removing domestic lighting/electrical sockets where required to install cable
- Termination and testing of cat5e cable
- Recording of test results
- Data cabinet installation
- Installation and Commissioning of communications equipment
- Additional activities will involve supporting the installation supervisor and/or Deployment Manager.
(Essential and desirable)
5 years of end to end structured cabling installation experience, including:
- Cat5e cable installation
You will be provided with a company van so you will require a full clean driving licence for this role.