Main Duties and Responsibilities
Supervise and plan operational cleaning activities, and work schedule requirements in order to provide the timely delivery of services to a standard which exceeds those required by the customer.
- To supervise operational resource for efficient working both as teams and as individuals.
- To ensure that the required cleaning activities are delivered as and when required by the appropriate schedule in line with customer requirements and needs, sometimes working within short timescales
- Ensure that all cleaning operations are undertaken in a safe manner with special focus on the following:
- All necessary risk assessments and method statements are available & reviewed in a timely manner.
- All necessary current best practice are available and used
- All necessary visual aids are available and used
- All necessary PPE are provided and used
- Materials are used in accordance with COSHH
- To ensure that staff being supervised are thoroughly trained in all safety aspects relating to their job.
- To arrange for staff to receive the appropriate training and maintain their training records to reflect any training received
- Responsible for the safe use of company equipment and ensuring that health and safety standards are adhered to at all times
- Reporting any accidents or near misses
- To monitor and record the attendance, absenteeism and lateness of the staff being supervised, to ensure accuracy for weekly timesheets.
- To ensure that all materials and equipment are provided to ensure that staff undertake work when required.
- To know and correctly use company HR processes for dealing with grievance and disciplinary situations, seeking support from management when appropriate.
- To establish and maintain a clear understanding of customer quality standards so as to operate in a way that ensures both Customer and Voith's expectations are met.