An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Integra health care team for a Team leader within one of our registered Children's Homes for young people with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties. The main purpose of the role will be to transform the lives of looked-after children. As a Residential Children's Worker, every day will be different, and you won't find a more rewarding career.
This entails providing supervision and support for children and young people aged 8-18. The children and young people we care for have a wide variety of needs; the role is therefore very diverse. You will therefore work in conjunction with a wide range of professionals to meet the needs and achieve positive outcomes for our young people.
If you have, or are working towards, a Level 3 qualification in Residential Childcare and are looking to take the next step in your career, or an experienced Team Leader/Senior Support Worker looking for an exciting new opportunity, this could be the perfect role for you.
The role is paid a salary of £29,813.33 for 40 hours a week. The pattern works two on four off, each shift followed by a sleep as and when required. The shift starts at 8am and finishes at 11am for the sleep in.
This role also comes with multiple Benefits in addition to a competitive salary:
- Pension Auto-enrolment
- 'Pay Care Scheme', this is a company health care benefit which gives you cash back for medical costs
- 'Perk Box', this allows the employees to get discounts or free offers on hundreds of well-known high street brands.
- Annual Leave Service Award - 1 day's extra holiday every year up to 5 years
- Long Service Bonus of £750 given after 5 continuous full-time years of employment
- NVQ Bonus when complete Level 3 (£500 in total) or Level 5 (£750 in total) in instalments, initial after completion and remainder 18 months following
- Refer a friend scheme for both qualified and unqualified
- Free meals on shift (for residential roles)
- Company pays for DBS as well as reimburses cost for update service each year
- Company reimburses staff for Social Care Wales registration each year
Essential Job Requirements
- Provide a safe environment for the young people in our care
- Good communication skills with the ability to develop positive relationships with young people, colleagues and professionals
- Be a good team player to provide a high level of care and achieve positive outcomes
- Encourage the young people to be motivated and take part in activities, education and extracurricular activities
- Experience of and ability to lead staff teams to provide a high level of care within a residential childcare setting
- Have attention to detail ensuring correct information is recorded in all paperwork, keeping this up to date and organized including care plans and employees' record keeping is updated
- Be able to adapt working practice to the ethos of the home
- Have resilience, motivation and determination
- Can adapt to challenging and changing situations
- Be inclusive to all children & young people
- Diploma Level 3 qualified in Children and Young Person's Workforce or equivalent.
- Up to date knowledge of the current legislation governing the sector
- Demonstrate a commitment to own training and development
- Be flexible and able to undertake shift work including weekends and sleep-ins.
- Be confident in using Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel and Word, or willing to learn
- Apply for enhanced DBS disclosure and if applicable, overseas criminal records checks
- Full UK driving licence
- Level 2 or Level 5 Team Leader or Management qualification.
- Experience of Ofsted inspections.
- Understanding of attachment and trauma in relation to young people.
- Experience of professionals meetings and working contributively with the professional network.
Residential Childcare: 1 year (preferred)
Level 3 in residential childcare (preferred)