Integra Healthcare are currently looking to recruit an experienced Service Manager, Social Worker for an adoption service based in the St Helen's area of Merseyside.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated manager with experience in the adoption field.
You will have knowledge of relevant legislation and statutory requirements related to adoption.
Main duties and areas of responsibility
- Developing and delivering on the business plan for the work within the Adoption Service.
- Identifying the need for and develop new services for adoptive families.
- Attending meetings as required.
- Controlling all matters relating to the running of new and existing projects.
- Monitoring the monthly income and expenditure, and controlling expenditure within budget.
- Preparing estimates, in conjunction with Senior Management.
- Ensuring that an up-to-date inventory of equipment is maintained.
- Developing policies and procedures.
- Complying with the regulatory requirements in relation to the registration of the Adoption Agency.
- Being available for an agency wide on call, out of hours duty rota system.
- Acting as Agency Advisor to the Panel.
- Salary of £37,676 to £41,430 pa (37 hours per week)
- Group Personal Pension Scheme & Life Assurance scheme
- Access to 24 hours Employee Assistance programme & staff discount scheme
- A comprehensive induction Programme with ongoing training and development
- Regular supervisions and annual appraisal scheme
- Career Progression opportunities
QUALIFICATIONS - Essential
- CQSW, Dip S.W or equivalent.
- Management Qualification of at least certificate level or willingness to commence and complete training in line with Regulations/National Standards
- Registration with HCPC
EXPERIENCE - Essential
- Post qualification experience of work with children and families as required by the Regulations;
- Safeguarding experience;
- Supervisory and Leadership skills and experience;
- Financial Management experience;