Residential Support Worker - required for a service based in the Prescot area of Liverpool.
NVQ level 3 in Children & young people is essential.
Pay: Full-time posts available, £10.89 per hour - with a sleep in rate of £33.00.
The service/company prides itself on being able to empower young people into becoming self sufficient and resourceful young adults who are able to move on independently to their own accommodation.
Main purpose of the role:
- To provide practical care to young people to increase their independent living skills, to be able to differentiate between young people, promoting self esteem and self awareness, to encourage achievement and to help the young people to reach their full potential
- To communicate effectively with multi agencies within the social care sector, ensuring the transparency of the company is delivered consistently throughout the company.
The ideal candidates will need to be highly motivated, approachable, non judgemental and show diversity in their approach to working with young people, this will include:
- Be able to offer advice, guidance and signpost to other organisations they can access.
- You will need to gain knowledge of the area you are working in.
- A good understanding of current government legislation.
- Experience of dealing with challenging behaviour.
- Knowledge of the main issues effecting young people today.
Key tasks are:
- Education, Training and Education
- Living Skills
- Substance use
- Modern Social Issues
Please apply below with your current CV to arrange an interview.