Residential Support Worker - Children
Pay rate: £10-£16ph
Location: Wavertree, Liverpool, Merseyside.
Integra Healthcare are currently searching for an experienced Residential Support Worker to work in a home which is currently specialising in providing a range of services to support young people aged 10 - 18, who may present with complex needs such as mental health difficulties.
- Accurately conducting risk assessments (varying from episode to episode) in consideration of important background information such as: skills and coping strategies, physical/mental difficulties, and social circumstances.
- Providing emotional regulation, language development and social functioning, if needed.
- Supporting individuals when undergoing internal therapeutic support, enabling them to rationalise their experience and giving them the tools to cope.
- Supervising and engaging in social activities and outdoor education.
- Achieving and maintaining a secure base.
- Monitoring and reviewing individual action plans.
The ideal candidate will:
- Place a strong emphasis on mindfulness and developing meaning and self-acceptance.
- Hold experience of direct work with young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties is essential.
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with young persons and professionals.
- Ideally, hold a driver's license or commute comfortably to Liverpool.
- Provide an enhanced DBS registered to the update service.
If you feel like this position may be suitable for you, please do not hesitate to contact Abbi-Jayne at Integra People or apply now!