We are recruiting for an "OUTSTANDING" special school with a wide range of learning difficulties and disabilities.
Due to expansion of the school and a maternity leave opportunity, they are seeking to appoint 2 teachers from January 2019, to join our hard working, supportive and enthusiastic team.
The successful applicants will be Passionate about their work, Respectful of the needs of the children, their families and their colleagues, Organised and hardworking in their approach to teaching, Understand relevant teaching and learning strategies for children with SEN and Dedicated to their role.
The outstanding Specialist Support School caters for children between 2-11 years who have a range of learning difficulties and disabilities.
This role is to work in a class in either KS1 or EYFS dependant on experience with a range of SEN needs including ASC, Complex Needs and SLD.
KEY PURPOSE OF JOB
- To take responsibility for the education and welfare of a designated class of children in accordance with the current School Teachers' Pay and Conditions document.
- To ensure working effectively in accordance with the relevant Professional Skills Level Descriptors in relation to the Teacher Standards
- To take responsibility for aspects of subject development with a designated curriculum
- To take responsibility for planning and implementing appropriate work programmes for all children in the designated class, within the framework of national / school curriculum policies.
- To fulfil the role and responsibilities of a subject leader within the school in order to support curriculum development. To demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
- To demonstrate knowledge and understanding of how the full range of pupils with SEN learn and how this impacts on teaching.
- To establish and maintain a safe and appropriate learning environment for pupils rooted in mutual respect and Contribute to meetings, discussions and management systems necessary to co-ordinate the work of the school as a whole.
- To undertake any other reasonable and relevant duties in accordance with the changing needs of the school.
- To manage behaviour effectively in line with the school's behaviour management policy
If this sounds like the role for you, apply online today!