1:1 SEN Tutor needed for the St Helens area.
Integra People work with a range of Virtual Schools across the North West. Students who are currently not accessing education by attending school are often provided with a 1:1 Tutor to attend their home, care home, or meet at a local library/community centre to continue with their education away from the traditional setting.
This vacancy is working with a KS3 student in the St Helens area who is currently working at a KS2 level. It would suit a Tutor who has experience of working with Primary and/or Secondary aged students to teach Maths or English with the ability to motivate students to engage in education.
- Flexible working hours (usually 2 hours per day per assigned student).
- Support network from Integra's staff who have vast experience working with SEN students.
- Dedicated SEN Consultant, available on-call 24/7.
- Offer of other vacancies alongside these assignments to allow for as much, or as little work as you want.
- Holistic support of the student(s) you are assigned to.
- Planning and delivering educational sessions.
- Providing weekly reports to allow all parties involved visibility of what work is being completed, feedback on behaviour and engagement.
To apply, you must have:
- QTS/QTLS or experience working with students who have special educational needs or disabilities.
- Strong organisational skills and be able to provide the brief reports before the weekly deadlines.
- Behaviour management skills to be able to work with challenging students away from traditional, mainstream education.
These roles are highly rewarding for caring individuals who can help turn students' lives around. SEN 1:1 Tutors are the key to these students achieving on an academic level whilst ensuring they also learn life skills.
If you are passionate about this type of work, please apply online now!