Knife / Blade sharpening operative- Full training will be provided so no previous experience required.
but you must have excellent hand eye coordination and hold a valid driving licence with no IN or DR points and be over 21 (For insurance purposes)
- To work within the Knife Service Edge Centre to a proficient level with regards to meeting defined Quality standards and the output Targets for each station.
- To become fully trained and meet / surpass the required standards for each of the 3 main Knife Service areas (Preparation / Hollow Grinding / Honing)
- Liaise with Production Management to determine workloads to ensure all customer deliveries are met and quality standards are achieved.
- Report any issues relevant to our product line / service / any situation, which may affect the efficient running of the service / department / business.
- To ensure all activities are done in a safe manner, where machines are used as instructed in the process work instructions without misuse, and any health and safety issues or concerns are reported.
- Excellent hand eye co-ordination is a must for this role, along with self-motivation and the desire to meet targets.
- Problem solving any output not meeting quality standards will need to be corrected and this can take skill in assessing how a defect has occurred in order to correct it.
- There may be occasions when you are required to deliver and collect products, therefore a full driving licence is essential.
- Preferably previous Production experience and background.
- Basic Maths, English & IT skills experience using programmes such as Excel could be an advantage.
Uniform and safety wear will be provided by the company on your induction.
This is an immediate position and we would be looking for someone to join the team as soon as possible.
Candidates will be interviewed as and when we receive applications.