We are currently recruiting for enthusiastic and passionate senior healthcare assistants to work nights. It is a purpose-built home specialising in care for older people and dementia care in Skelmersdale.
As a Senior Healthcare Assistant you will be responsible for but not restricted too:
- Meet the physical, social and emotional needs of each individual service user in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence.
- Lead on the responsibility of service users individual care documentation ensuring a person centred approach.
- Provide effective leadership for care staff through supervision, support and mentoring in all aspects of care.
- Work effectively with others within the home to ensure that service users' needs are met
- Responsible with the team for the preparation, implementation, review and update of all service users care plans in line with their personal wishes.
- Administer prescribed medication to residents and assist in the management of an effective system for the safe control and administration of medication in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Support and work closely with families and friends offering them professional and emotional support, sensitive to individual need.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience as a Senior Healthcare Assistant working nights
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 Health & Social Care
The salary for this role is £19,344 which equates to £7.75 per hour based on a 48 hour contract. Additional enhancement of 40 pence per hour at weekend.
The hours are 7:30pm-7:30am and the shift pattern is 3 shifts on 3 shifts off.
Please call Leanne Irving on 07983 200 945 for more information about this exciting new role.