Integra Education are looking for an Experienced Primary Teaching Assistant for long and short term cover within the Preston area.
If you like working with children and want to play a part in their education and well being, this career could be ideal for you.
You'll need to the ability to work closely with parents and teachers. You'll also need good literacy and numeracy skills, as well as creative ideas for activities.
To do this job, you will need previous experience of working with children in a school setting and the relevant teaching assistant qualification.
Your job will include:
- Getting the classroom ready for lessons
- Listening to children read, reading to them or telling them stories
- Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- Helping teachers to plan learning activities and complete records
- Supporting teachers in managing class behaviour
- Supervising group activities
- Looking after children who are upset or have had accidents
- Clearing away materials and equipment after lessons
- Helping with outings and sports events
- Taking part in training
- Carrying out administrative tasks
You'll also support children with particular needs, working with them individually or in small groups.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a sound working knowledge of supporting young children's learning
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills with team members and parents
- Have previous experience of working with young children and those with behaviour issues in particular
- Have a good standard of spoken and written English
- Hold a level 2 or 3 teaching assistant qualification
If you are interested, please submit your CV and I will call you for a confidential chat.