Engine Maintenance Technician
£30K - £36K
Working for a worldwide infrastructure company who are currently operating throughout the UK, USA and Australia on specialist project's focused on Lower Carbon and Renewable Energy. Established in the early 1990's they have quickly become a leading company in there industry.
The position of Engine Maintenance Technician holds accountabilities in the Operations Division of the Company. In addition, this role trains and assists other Operations personnel. There is a requirement for frequent travel between sites across the Central belt and flexibility in work hours. You will be required to hold a valid driving licence at all times.
- Commissioning, servicing and repairing the company's fleet of Jenbacher, MWM, MTU, Siemens and Caterpillar engines and peripheral equipment normally associated with a natural gas peaking power generation facility, to equal or better than OEM standards.
- Successfully specifying spare parts and maintaining adequate stocks and records.
- Liaising, when required, with the Company's clients and sub-contractors regarding commissioning, servicing and repairs.
- Successfully applying the Company's HSQE system to all tasks undertaken.
- Attending call outs when required to effect, where possible, repairs to ensure environmental compliance and/or effective generation is preserved across the Company's fleet of natural gas, landfill gas and coal mine methane generation assets.
- Ensuring all maintenance and repair works completed are recorded in accordance with the company's business management system.
- Providing assistance, when required, in servicing and repairing the company's fleet of landfill gas and coal mine methane gas engines (predominantly Caterpillar and Jenbacher engines)
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team.
- Relevant industry experience, preferably natural gas peaking plants.
- Qualifications (ideally completion of a recognised mechanical apprenticeship) or demonstrated competency in the mechanical area of reciprocating engines, gas turbines and power generation plant or extensive experience in this area.
- Sound engineering experience and demonstrated competency in the commissioning, servicing and repairing of reciprocating engines, gas turbines and power generation plant.
- Ability to impart knowledge to others within the group and Company.
- Reasonable written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to work professionally at all times.
- Ability to perform and contribute constructively in a dynamic team environment.
- Demonstrated initiative.
- Flexible and focussed.
- Ability to work under competitive time lines and project schedules.
- Dedicated to the achievement of excellent working standards.
- Ability to travel to other locations and help other teams within the Company.
If you are interested in working for a company who really appreciate their employee's and really believe in building a great team atmosphere, then please apply with a copy of your CV or call the office and ask for the FM Team