CSCS carded Section engineer required to work on an existing civil highway project undertaking bearing replacmeent work.
Duties vary, but will include:
- Prepare/organise his section of work
- Monitor the progress
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments
- Prepare Inspection and Test Plan
- Complete the different quality check sheets.
- Follow the ITP and check that the quality of the work is carried out as per specifications and RAMS.
- Coordinate subcontractors if any
- Review method statements and risk assessments and make improvements
- Take ownership of whole process of production, checking and submission of handover documents
- Report to a Project Manager and Agent
- Holds a valid CSCS card
- Previous experience working on civil projects
- Have knowledge of management of construction process in structures,
- Good to have experience in bearing replacement and repair works.
- Communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately
- Suggest and implement improvements to systems
- have a proven background in highway schemes