Integra People are currently recruiting for Domiciliary Care Workers to work within the community, providing person centred care to vulnerable adults within their homes across Knutsford. Morning, lunches, dinners and bed calls available (full/part time hours- immediate start).
Purpose of Position
* To enable and / or assist individuals to remain in the community, to be supported and maintained safely in their own homes and thereby enhance the quality of life.
* Encouraging your service user's individuality and independence
* Helping your service user to maintain relationships with neighbours, the neighbourhood and familiar activities and surroundings, providing social contact, especially for service users who live alone
* Assisting other care workers and professionals to provide care for your service user
- To visit nominated Service Users, at times directed by the Care Coordinators and management.
- To carry out all tasks in a way that demonstrates respect for the privacy, dignity and value of all users, irrespective of severity or disability or personal circumstances.
- All actions should sustain, support and enhance the independence of Service Users, as specified in their care plan.
- Personal Care
- Assist Service Users in/out of bed, chairs, etc., using agreed procedures.
- Assist Service Users in all aspects of personal hygiene, i.e. washing, shaving, showering etc. Assist Service users in feeding.
- Assist Service Users to access toilet facilities, emptying commodes and disposal of incontinence materials, using agreed health and safety procedures.
- Encourage Service Users to maximise their own abilities and skills
- Domestic Where directed, maintain cleanliness of service Users home, to meet with health and safety requirements.
- Prepare or reheat meals provided and/or demonstrate to service user.
- Provide support as part of a caring team, liaising with informal carers, other agencies or professionals as necessary.
- General Duties As required maintain accurately.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Rate of Pay is from £8.75 with paid mileage.
DRIVING IS ESSENTIAL DUE TO NATURE OF ROLE- MUST HAVE A DBS OR WILLING TO PURCHASE ONE WITH INTEGRA £54.40 (Returned on completion on 100 hours). MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 6 MONTHS EXPERIENCE WITHIN HEALTH CARE.
Subjected to Enhanced DBS and 5 years employment references.