Shift patterns: 2:4
Integra Healthcare is currently looking for Deputy Care Manager for our client. The role will entail leading the home in the absence of the Deputy Manager and to ensure that Young People have their needs met and the home meets the standards set in the Statement of Purpose in a registered children's home with child aged 8-18 with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Maintain monitoring systems in which the young people are consulted about the quality of care they receive
- Taking a lead role in implementation of new complex care packages, working closely with families & commissioners and recruitment activity
- Support and assist the Operations Manager and deputising for them when required.
- Support with planning, coordination, development, and administration activities with the purpose of providing a professional quality service
- Assist the manager in developing a management style which balances the need to exercise control and give direction with the need to offer staff the opportunity to contribute to decision making
- Ensure that all new staff receive a proper induction to the home in line with our client's policy.
- Management of accidents incidents and complaints
- Training and development of office-based staff.
- To receive training appropriate to role and maintain an up-to-date training profile
- To maintain up to date knowledge of the statutory and procedural framework for residential care and communicate this to staff as appropriate
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the post and the needs of the organisation to develop and maintain quality service
- Ensuring all CQC requirements, relevant legislation, and standards along with policies and procedures are always adhered to.
Skills and Experience:
- The post requires the holder to work on a shift pattern as part of a rota. Sleep in duties will be included, as well as working weekends and bank holidays when required.
- The post requires the holder to always have a satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service check.
- On occasion you may be requested to change your rota at a given notice as per your contract. This is to ensure the contingencies of the service are covered. This may also include covering additional shifts as emergency cover.
- Organisational skills to plan workload, good written/verbal communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team.
- A good knowledge base of the needs of the people with disability.
- A non-discriminatory approach.
- Relevant certifications and qualifications and mandatory training e.g. safeguarding, basic life support
- Right to work in the UK
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant experience, please contact Liv on 01925 839 823 or email