We are currently looking to recruit an Area Fibre Infrastructure Manager for one of our clients. The role will be based in and around London.
As the Area Fibre Infrastructure Manager you will be responsible for project managing the delivery of fibre infrastructure builds to the premise. This is from initiation through to hand over. To the Internal Cabling teams who will then complete the building cabling ready for the building to go live.
You will work closely with the other Managers to enable continuous improvement of our FTTP delivery.
- You will review all fibre Fibre Infrastructure jobs prior to issue to the field.
- You will be responsible for investigating any issues/discrepancies that need to be resolved before jobs can progress. This may include site visits, liaising with scheduling/civils/permits/field management as necessary.
- You will develop relationships with large sites representing Hyperoptic, ensuring all site conditions are relayed to the field teams and recorded in job packs.
- Do-able/fluid work is defined as jobs that have:
All necessary planning information and DP locations required to carry out the field task.
All information required to ensure access is available to sites on the day.
All stores required are ordered and delivered.
- Engage with the fibre co-ordinators to share best practice and jointly resolve issues. You will provide feedback for other areas of the department when the need arises.
- Feedback logistic issues to the stores teams.
- You will use researched factual information when solving problems and apply logic when handling conflict.
- Take decisions as appropriate whilst at the same time ensuring others do likewise.
- Strong experience working in a fibre/telecommunications delivery/management focused role.
- Demonstrable working knowledge and experience of telecommunications delivery, particularly in relation to fibre networks
- Extensive experience in running project plans effectively
- Strong experience managing multiple stakeholders, ensuring excellent communication and reporting
Skills / Aptitude:
- Tenacious and determined to deliver results
- Good written and numerical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to clearly direct others
- Skilled in MS Office including used of Excel Word and PowerPoint. Understanding of Microsoft project would be desirable
- Highly organised and able to work on multiple project with simultaneous deadlines