Integra People is a specialist recruitment consultancy, providing quality permanent, contract and temporary staffing solutions to clients from our wide network of UK offices.
We are currently recruiting for enthusiastic support workers to join residential settings and community support services across Sale and surrounding areas. You will play a vital role in supporting people with learning disabilities, challenging behaviour and focusing on each individual's specific requirements and encouraging independence enabling them to lead a fulfilling life.
As a Support Worker you will be responsible for but not restricted too:
- Meet the physical, social and emotional needs of each individual service user in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence.
- Providing practical support as well as encouraging independence.
- Physically fit and able to support people with learning & physical disabilities with all aspects of daily living including personal care, emotional needs and social interaction.
- Work as part of a care and support team in a variety of settings, including; Residential services, Community Support Services, clubs and within service users' own homes.
- Provide person centred support for individuals who have a range of physical and learning disabilities including people with profound, multiple learning disabilities and complex health needs.
- Service Users have a variety of needs requiring varying levels of support. Services are needs led and staff will work shifts as allocated by the Manager or Delegated Deputy. This includes unsocial hours, mornings, evenings, weekends, night shifts (sleepovers/sleep-ins) bank holidays and religious festivals.
- Support Workers will participate in care planning and risk assessments requiring excellent communication with a variety of health and social care professionals, families and relevant others.
- They will complete daily reports, attend and contribute at meetings, supervisions, annual appraisals and to be proactive when working independently or within a team.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience within healthcare sector
- QCF/NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent qualification
- Experience in dealing with people with learning disabilities & challenging behaviour
- Understanding of safeguarding vulnerable people
- Driver with own vehicle
- Transferable DBS (desirable)
The salary for this role is starting at £17,160 moving to £19,110.
Please call Leanne Irving on 07983 200 945 for more information about this exciting new role.