Integra People is a specialist recruitment consultancy, providing quality permanent, contract and temporary staffing solutions to clients from our wide network of UK offices.
My client is looking to recruit a highly motivated and forward thinking Occupational Therapist to work closely with the multi-disciplinary team in Warrington.
As an OT your responsibilities will be:
- Assessment, review and monitoring the progress of new and current service users
- Ensure that all aspects of practice comply with Best Practice and policy for Safeguarding
- Support service users to develop their skills and increase their independence; subsequently improving quality of life
- Be involved in the risk assessment of service users when attending activities in the community to ensure it is suitable for the individual and all potential risks are managed
- Attend regular staff meetings to promote a multidisciplinary team approach
- Work closely with the MDT, including attending professionals meetings to ensure appropriate support is provided to service users when discharged
- Ensure full and accurate documentation is completed
- Work closely with psychology staff to ensure service users occupational and psychological needs are supported appropriately
- Involve patients and carers in the planning of care programmes and encourage self-management where appropriate
- Communicate effectively with all members of the team using various methods of communication, this will include oral, written, electronic or other verbal or non-verbal methods
You will be joining a growing department which is developing and delivering innovative approaches to improving the communication skills of our service users.
The successful candidate must have:
- Registered member of the HCPC
- Excellent communicator - both written and verbally
- Excellent team member with the ability to assume leadership responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills - including observation, listening and empathy skills
Salary for this role is £28,684 (Band 5/6) depending on experience.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Buy additional annual leave scheme
Please call Leanne Irving on 07983 200 945 for more information about this exciting new role.