We are looking for a maintenance mechanical Fitter to start on a permananet basis in Chester.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, as a Maintenance Mechanical Fitter you'll be responsible for the maintenance of a broad range of diverse factory machinery, involving light to medium mechanical fitting work and basic electrical tasks. You'll also be responsible for the daily maintenance of factory, office and building facilities, and the sourcing, purchasing and replenishment of machine spares. Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Carrying out mechanical maintenance, including fitting guards, bearings, motors and gearboxes
- Marking out, drilling and tapping with general hand / power tools
- Troubleshooting and resolving reported problems
- Carrying out small fabrication and welding tasks
What will I need to be considered for this Maintenance Mechanical Fitter vacancy?
- Proven experience as a Maintenance Mechanical Fitter, gained within a manufacturing environment
- City & Guilds qualification in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Good multi-tasking skills with the ability to work on and progress multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work well as part of a team, take direction, and work on own initiative
- Flexible attitude
Although not essential, basic electrical knowledge or experience would be highly advantageous.
What will I receive in return?
Salary: £18,000 to £22,000 pro rata, level dependent on experience
Additional Benefits: Employer contributory pension scheme and healthcare cash plan following successful probation period, cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes, and free car parking
Contract type: Permanent
Hours of Work: Part time, working 3 days per week from 7am to 4.30pm.
Location: Chester (Cheshire)