Integra People is a specialist recruitment consultancy, providing quality contract, temporary, and permanent staffing solutions to clients from our wide network of UK offices.
Our client is looking to recruit an Endoscopy Nurse to work in a state of the art hospital in Reading.
As a nurse you will be expected to:
- Provide effective leadership in ensuring nursing standards and practices are adhered to
- Plan, assess, implement and evaluate patient's care following agreed care pathways
- Develop and maintain good patient care
- Cleaning, maintenance and safe handling of equipment
- Carry out a pre-assessment of the patient prior to endoscopy taking into account their physical health and psychological needs
- Obtain consent from patients for endoscopic procedures after discussing with them the risks and benefits associated with the procedure
- Assist the endoscopist with all diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Monitor patients during the procedure and whilst recovering
- Provide post-procedural information to patients and their carers.
- Ensure that all endoscopic equipment is cleaned and maintained at optimal functioning level, and in accordance with manufacturers' and BSG guidelines
- Help ensure that appropriate stock levels are maintained
- Assess, develop and implement patient's care plans whilst evaluating care given, ensuring all documentation is completed accurately, giving and receiving patient centred handovers
- Act as mentor for students, learners, junior nurses and HCAs
- Participate in team/department meetings wherever necessary
Salary for this role is up to £35,000 depending on experience plus addidional benefits.
The successful candidate must have:
- Registered with the NMC and have an active PIN Number
- Endoscopy experience