Integra People is a specialist recruitment consultancy, providing quality permanent, contract and temporary staffing solutions to clients from our wide network of UK offices.
My client is looking to recruit a highly motivated and forward thinking Part Time Speech and Language Therapist to work closely with the multi-disciplinary teams in Wyboston and also offer support to our homes in the surrounding area including St Neots and along the A1 corridor to North London.
As a SALT your responsibilities will be:
- Support staff to build effective communication with the people we support.
- Provide Total Communication training and mentoring to our teams.
- Independently manage a caseload including people with complex mental and physical health needs.
- Be committed to a person-centred approach Provision of therapy to individual service users focusing on specific language development and social communication.
- Liaise with support staff so that therapy techniques and strategies can be implemented.
- Liaise with Multi-Disciplinary team so that therapy techniques and strategies can be implemented.
- Provide supervision to more junior staff and/or students
- Have experience in the assessment and management of people with challenging needs
The successful candidate must have:
- Hold a recognised Speech and Language Therapy MSc level qualification or equivalent
- Registered member of the HCPC
- Hold a full Driving License
- Excellent communicator - both written and verbally
- Excellent team member with the ability to assume leadership responsibilities
- Experience with LD and Autism, Challenging behaviour - varied levels of functionality
- Knowledge of the Transforming Care Agenda, Autistic Spectrum Disorders and experience in a range of communication assessments and interventions relevant to this client population is also essential.
Salary for this role is £23,500 plus additional benefits.
Please call Leanne Irving on 07983 200 945 for more information about this exciting new role.